Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Orange Pound Cake

This is my first pound cake and my whole kitchen smelled so good last night! I actually came across this blog last night and was curious and inspired enough to give the recipe a try. Turned out really good and everyone loved it and I just need to share with you. Its simple to make and it goes so well with coffee/tea.

P/S: courtesy of melspantry.blogspot.com

ORANGE POUND CAKE

Recipe sourced from WendyinKK

Ingredients

200g butter (I used salted, do use good quality butter) 200g caster sugar (I only used 180g, just nice) 200g plain flour (I used 100g plain flour & 100g cake flour) - Bakebliss used 200g cake flour. 4 medium eggs (at room temperature) 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp vanilla extract 50ml-60ml fresh orange juice Orange Zest from 1 orange

Method

Preheat oven to 180Celcius. Line base of 8” round pan or two small loaf pans. Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl till light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Add in the vanilla extract. Sift flour and baking together and add half of flour into the butter mixture. In low speed, pour in the orange juice and zest. Add in the remaining flour and mix till all combined. Pour into the pan and baked for about 50-60 minutes or till skewer comes out clean.

0 comments: