Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Created by Bake Bliss at 11:58 PM
Sunday, March 16, 2014
Created by Bake Bliss at 7:02 PM
Thursday, March 6, 2014
500g butter (340g canned Orchid butter and 160g regular butter, both cold and roughly cut into big cubes)
80g condensed milk(Originally was 250g)
600g / 30 egg yolks
200g icing sugar
30g milk powder
1 tbsp spekkeok powder
1. Remove the eggs from fridge and separate the yolks and whites first so that they will be at room temperature when used later.
2. Beat the butter and condensed milk together until it turns pale. This should take about 10 minutes. Here is when the Kitchen Aid comes in very helpful!
3. Pre-heat your oven to 180C / 350F. Grease your pan and make sure it’s pre-heated in the oven as well.
4. Beat the egg yolks and sugar until very fluffy and tripled in volume. MAKE SURE BEATERS ARE CLEAN!
5. Slowly pour the egg mixture into the butter mixture and beat at low speed until the mixture comes together. Careful not to overmix! This is exactly the consistency you want! Your batter should not separate / curdle.
6. Finally sift in flour, milk powder and spekkeok powder. Fold gently.
7. Remove your pan from the oven, switch to TOP HEAT ONLY. Pour 100g of batter for your first layer and 60g of batter for the following layers. Brush each cooked layer with butter before adding the next layer. The hot lapis / pan will melt your batter as you pour it in, resulting in smooth layers.
8. If you see any air bubbles, poke them with a toothpick and flatten the layer with a spatula or fondant presser