2 1/4 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened (I used dairy-free margarine)
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts (approx. 150g)
1 1/2 cups Caramel Bits (or chopped white chocolate) (approx. 225g)
How to Make
1. Preheat oven to 150C.
2. In a medium bowl, combine sifted flour and soda. Set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer beat sugars at medium speed.
4. butter and mix to form a grainy paste.
5. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
6. Add the flour mixture and blend at low until just combined.
7. Add nuts and chocolate and mix by hand. Do not overmix.
8. Drop rounded teaspoons onto baking trays, lined with baking paper. Place biscuits about 2cm apart.
9. Bake 17-20 minutes or until edges being to turn golden brown.
10.Cool on a rack.