Friday, July 31, 2009
I was just told by my best friend that Marmalade Pantry in Singapore has the best cupcake in town. I was there but didn't get the chance to indulge in cupcake, what a shame! Well, I decided to give it a go next time when I am there. Do you wanna join me in Sugar High Club as well? First requirement: You gotta have the sweet teeth like me *evil grin*
Thursday, July 30, 2009
10 oz (300g) Butter - softened
10 oz (300g) superfine (castor) sugar
12 oz (350g) self-raising flour
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
2. Line a 24 cup cake pan, with cup cake papers.
3. Crack the eggs into a cup and beat lightly with a fork.
4. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl.
5. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes, until light and creamy.
6. Divide the mixture evenly between the cake cases.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes until risen and firm to touch.
8. Allow to cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
9. Allow to cool fully before icing.